1. Autobiography of Malcolm X, Chapters 11 "Saved",
12 "Savior", 13 "Minister Malcolm X"
& 17 "Mecca"
1. What is the difference between Islam and
2. What are/were the similarities
between Islam in general and the Nation of Islam ?
3. What was the importance of the Quaran in the life of
Malcolm X ?
4. What were Malcolm's experiences in Mecca ? Did Malcolm X change ?
1. Allan Austin, African Muslims in Antebellum America: Transatlantic Stories and Spiritual Struggles (New York: Routledge, 1997)
2. Steven Barboza, American Jihad: Islam after Malcolm X (New York: Doubleday, 1993)
3. Edward Blyden, Christianity, Islam and the Negro Race (Edinburgh: University Press, 1887)
4. Howard Brotz, The Black Jews of Harlem (New York: The Free Press, 1964)
5. Louis A DeCarlo, Malcolm and athe Cross: The Nation of Islam, Malcolm X and Christianity (New York: New York University Press, 1998)
6. Gilles Kepel, Allah in the West: Islamic Movements in America and Europe (Stanford: Stanford University Press, 1997)
7. Aminah Beverly McCloud, African American Islam (New York: Routledge, 1995)
8. J Spencer Trimingham, The Influence of Islam upon Africa (London: Longman, 1968)
9. Richard Brent Turner, Islam in the African American Experience (Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1997)